Spring is finally here, yippee!!! The coming months are the start of the busy period for removals and with the days getting longer it is the best time to start de-cluttering. Having a clear out helps you focus on the actual removal Here are a few ideas on how to start the spring cleaning before the big day.
- Plan your cleaning well in advance, leaving it until the last minute only adds to the stress of what can be one of the most stressful days in your life. Yes I know cleaning is not fun but by having a plan it makes it a whole lot easier.
- If you are thinking about putting your house on the market or you have already sold your property and are about to move out, it’s time to have a good tidy up and sort out your belongings. By tidying early you can even relieve some of the stress from your removal day. Don’t leave it until the last minute, try and start a few weeks earlier.
- Don’t waste time and money – go through your house and decide what you don’t want to take with you to your new home. It can be tempting to just stuff your belongings into boxes and worry about sorting it out the other end; by doing this you will waste both time and money on packing it up and moving or storing it.
- Once the de-cluttering is over, it’s time for the big clean! Buy all the products and items you will need for the spring clean, such as: bin bags, furniture polish, dusters, sugar soap, clothes, sponges, stain remover, hover and a mop and broom, rubber gloves. The list is endless!!
- It is also important to think about arranging for your new property to have a thorough clean, before you move in. It will be the last thing on your mind, but once you are in, you will be busy with the unpacking and arranging your belongings. Ask your removal company if they can arrange this for you.
- Don’t throw away old bed linens and towels – save them for when you move. You can use them as dust sheets, protective wrappings for furniture or covering the carpets if you need to do any decorating.
You could also give us a call to discuss our de-cluttering service. .
We pride ourselves on being customer focused and two of the main changes we have made to improve the overall customer experience is with a custom built database to speed up productivity in the office and make it easier to effectively deal with any queries you may have. The second change is that you will have a dedicated removal co-ordinator who will be there to guide you through every step of your removal.
We are also busy rebranding the whole company. This means you will soon be seeing our new logo on all of our vehicles, our removal teams have been kitted out in new uniform and our website is getting a complete revamp so check it out and let us know what you think www.andrewsremovals.com
Last week I went on a day social media course at the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce and it really opened my eyes into the new ways Andrews Removals can connect with our customers. It was also a great way to network with other local businesses!! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn so have a look out for our monthly competitions and special offers.